How this Blog is sorted

I have used dating to re-organise how this blog is laid out. The first 7 postings (the ones about the trip are in reverse date order so the 1st posting up here is the 1st blog about the trip and so on until post 7

After that they are posted as normal so they are newest posting 1st. I hope that makes some sort of sense to everyone.

Saturday 3 January 2009

A little reflection

It is freezing cold and I guess we are at the hight of winter here in sunny Sutton Coldfield.... I was thinking about Mozambique this morning, it is a Parade Service at Church and I decided to stay at home this morning. I thought I could catch up on some reading of the News and do little surfing and maybe even blog a little. I am still quite confused over what I saw, felt and did on the mission trip to Mozambique. I am looking to the future and what I will do next and would really appreciate your prayers, thank you.

So this morning I went through a few photo's from my Mozambique folder, I really need to play in Photoshop and resize and edit them.... one day ...lol

So I thought I would share a few with you.

One of the many Islands off Angoche. Each island looks like it could be from a Bounty advert or a Pirate film or from Robinson Crusoe.

Once on the islands the beauty is just breath taking and the lifestyle simple yet very hard work as it is subsistence living.

The mangroves make up a large part of the islands and coastal areas and are really beautiful.

The main down town area of Angoche is a wonderful place full of life and chatter, though what we in a large town or city call busy and Angoche call busy are two different things.


My favourite of Gods reptiles are the lizard family and I especially love the Gecko they play a really important part of the war against Malaria by being nocturnal and eating mosquitoes by the thousand.


The Gecko doesn't have eyelids!!! they will wash their eyes clean by licking the eyeball with their amazingly long tongue. All bedrooms within an area that suffers from Mosquitoes should have at least 1 big Gecko in it. Though I know at least one girl who would not agree with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments on The Mozambique Mission Blog.

Your comment will be read before it is posted, not all comments can be added to this blog as discretion is needed to protect the people on the mission field and the very important work being carried out. If your comment is deemed OK it will posted up very soon.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

English Blogger